Friday, December 28, 2012

Your Coronation: Setting A Realistic Goal

Coronation: My Realistic Goal
I personally would like to loose 55 lbs. in 30 weeks, which sets my target date of Sunday, July 28, 2013 (if I start my program Sunday, December 30, 2012).

This is the first step in Diet Royale™, you MUST do.

Set a realistic goal. You may lose 5 lbs. a week, but it is unlikely and not typical for most dieters. I personally set my goal in mind to lose 1 to 2 lbs. a week. This is considered healthy weight loss.

The hardest part for me was when I plateaued when I originally created Diet Royale™. You should know, but not let it discourage you, that the closer you get to your goal, the harder it may be to shed the pounds as easily as it was in the beginning. You will have to work harder and even reassess your food plan, BMI and exercise plan as you get closer. Whatever you do, DON’T STOP! KEEP MOVING FORWARD! KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED!

My metabolism is a tricky little minx and I am a picky-picky eater. I found that in the beginning I could walk 6 miles and lose 2 to 5 lbs. easily. When I was 15 lbs. from my original goal of 155 lbs., I had lost 66 lbs., and by this time it became extremely hard to lose a single pound. I had to walk 12 to 15 miles just to shed 2 to 5 lbs., which was rough on my knees … and I didn't have the time to walk that much.

I fluctuated between 168 to 172 lbs. for a while and I figured I had plateaued. I decided to give my body a rest and just live. Unfortunately, that was 2 years ago. I stayed at 170 for 18 months, when about 6 months ago the weight started to creep back on. It returned because I had gotten out of the habit of working out every day, forgotten my plan and goal, lost motivation and I started suffering from serious migraines. Migraines can cause you to gain weight, very easily. Well here I am at 190 lbs. I have a new goal in mind, because I have a dress size I desire to be for a very special dress for my … let’s call it my Coronation. My fitting for my dress is in July and I’d like to be at my best weight and size by then, SO … time to stop sitting on my "Royale Behind" and get working!

As you can see I still haven't cracked open my old notes on the original Diet Royale™ plan. I let the merriment of the holidays trump my desires. However, No MORE GOOFING OFF and it’s time to get SERIOUS. Without my notes, I still know the first step is to Set a Realistic Goal. I keep in mind that I will have days were I don’t want to follow my diet. There may be physical challenges ahead that might prevent me from exercise. However, I can’t let them detour me or stop me. I will face each challenge and get through each one, but stay the course.

So now, look at your current body weight. It is best to weigh yourself at the same time, on the same scale every week.

Weigh-In At The Same Time: You may choose to weigh yourself everyday, but know you naturally fluctuate a few pounds a day depending on your water weight and what is resting in your gut. I personally weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom, completely naked, before I shower. This is my Best Weight.

As you wake up your cells wake up and expand, increasing your weight. Clothes and food weigh you down by as much as 1 to 4 lbs. I dare you to test it out. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning, completely naked, after you go to the bathroom. Then weigh yourself an hour later or at the end of the day – you will see you’ve “gained” 1 to 4 lbs. I call this “day weight.” Never let day weight be your weight. It will only upset you to do something drastic and risky. Make your morning Best Weight your weight, when you weigh yourself. You’ll be happier and it will keep the scales of weight justice, fair.

Use The Same Scale: Using different scales is a bad idea … because not all scales are the same. Some scales are off by as much as 8 lbs. or more. Get your own scale calibrated. If you don’t know how to do that, or have lost the manual, search the internet for the model number you have. Look to see if you can’t find a means to calibrate it. If not, I recommend you go out and buy yourself a new scale. Make sure it is sturdy and can be calibrated. Follow the manual for calibrating the scale and start from this point.

Set your goal to lose 1-2 lbs. a week. Once you figure out how many weeks it will take, use this calculator to figure out what date it is: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Make sure you include the date you are going to start. Make yourself a progress chart or a method of marking your progress. Sites like FatSecret.com can help you track your weight loss progress. You decide how you’re going to keep track of the weight you lose. Keep it by the scale, so you can update it when you weigh. And most of all: DON’T LIE. You’re only lying to yourself if you do.

You have now set your Coronation date and Goal Weight! Bravo!


No comments:

Post a Comment